- Each player must sign the Tournament Liability Release before playing.
- No changes may be made to the roster after the start of the team’s first game.
- The plastic registration bracelet must be worn during all games. No Bracelet = No play.
- Teams playing ineligible players will be ejected from the tournament.
- Each team is responsible for providing a game ball for each match.
- Teams scheduled to play the 9:00 a.m. games are responsible to help set up their assigned field.
- Teams must have 5 players to begin a game. Teams are allowed a ten-minute grace period before a forfeit is called.
- Throw-ins will be played not kick-ins.
- Maximum of 16 players on a squad.
- O50 division may have 2 players that are between 45 – 49 years old.
- Players receiving a red card are suspended from their next game. Depending on the severity of the offense, a multiple-game suspension may be applied by the tournament committee.
ALL FIFA RULES APPLY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
- If a player is under 18, she has to have played on a GGWSL team the previous season (ie, Spring), or be signed up on a GGWSL team for the Fall, to be eligible to play in the Anne Wagner Tournament. Anyone 18 and over is eligible. No players 16 or under are allowed to participate.
- No off-sides.
- No slide-tackling. Your opponent is awarded an indirect free kick for the dangerous play.
- Unlimited substitutions.
- Substitutions may occur on any dead ball.
- Players must enter and leave the field from midfield.
- Players must be recognized by the referee before entering or leaving the field.
- Goalie drop-kicks, goal kicks, punts, and throws cannot go beyond the half-field line before first landing on the keeper’s half of the field.
- If the above infraction occurs, an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team. The IFK will be taken from the mid-field line where the ball passed over the line.
- The goalie may kick the ball past midfield in the air when not a dropkick, goal kick, punt, or throw. For example, if one of their teammates makes a back pass to them and the goalie kicks the ball as they were a field player.
- Games will consist of 30 minutes. At or near the 15-minute mark, the ref will blow the whistle, the teams will quickly switch sides of the field, and play resumes immediately.
Game points distribution
To minimize the chance of tie games before the semi-finals/finals, we use the following point system:
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 point for every goal your team scores, 5 max/game
- 2 points if you win by a shutout (x – 0)
- No points if you tie 0 – 0