- Each player must sign the Tournament Liability Release before playing.
- No changes may be made to the roster after the start of the team’s first game.
- Plastic registration bracelet must be worn during all games. No Bracelet = No play.
- Teams playing ineligible players will be ejected from the tournament.
- Each team is responsible for providing a game ball for each match.
- Teams scheduled to play the 9:00 a.m. games are responsible to help set up their assigned field.
- Teams must have five players to begin a game. Teams are allowed a ten minute grace period before a forfeit is called.
- Throw-ins will be played NOT kick-ins.
- Maximum of 12 players on a squad.
- Players receiving a red card are suspended from their next game. Depending on the severity of the offense, a multiple-game suspension may be applied by the tournament committee.
ALL FIFA RULES APPLY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
- If a player is under 18, she has to have played on a GGWSL team the previous season (ie, Spring), or be signed up on a GGWSL team for the Fall, to be eligible to play in the Anne Wagner Tournament. Anyone 18 and over is eligible. No players 16 or under are allowed to participate.
- No off-sides.
- No slide-tackling. Your opponent is awarded an indirect free kick for the dangerous play.
- Unlimited substitutions.
- Substitutions may occur on any dead ball.
- Players must enter and leave the field from midfield.
- Players must be recognized by the referee before entering or leaving the field.
- Goalie drop-kicks and punts cannot go beyond the half-field line before first landing on the keeper’s half of the field.
- If the above infraction occurs, an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team from the point where the goal keeper released the ball. The restart has to be at least 10 yards from the goal line.
- If the goalie places the ball on the ground, then they may kick the ball past midfield in the air.
- Goal kicks can cross midfield in the air.
- Games will consist of 30 minutes. At or near the 15-minute mark, the ref will blow the whistle, the teams will quickly switch sides of the field, and play resumes immediately.
Game points distribution
To minimize the chance of tie games before the semi-finals/finals, we use the following point system:
- Win = 3 points
- Tie = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 point for every goal your team scores, 5 max/game
- 2 points if you win by a shutout (x – 0)
- No points if you tie 0 – 0